Sigmar Polke Affenschaukel Print Lithograph
Sigmar Polke's sought-after lithograph 'Affenschaukel' from 1995 is in a flawless original condition. Polke's graphic edition with a sheet size of 21.7 x 29.5 in is handsigned with lead, dated, and numbered.
We are happy to be able to offer you one copy of this usually sold out graphic print.
The luminous artwork shows a wild mess of seemingly unrelated figures, signs, symbols, and parts of the subject. Polke combines different styles and ways of presentation in this artwork. Besides the actual monkey swing in the centre of the artwork, the artwork shows a couple drawn in a fine line, and smokey bowl, whose smoke rises divided in two parts and unites again in another upside-down bowl. A green hill with blooming flowers in front of an abstract background reminding of fire, smoke and heat.
Our copy of this Polke-lithograph has the number 29 from an edition of 75 copies.
- Artist: Sigmar Polke
- Title: Affenschaukel
- Originality: original
- Type: original graphic, limited edition print
- Technique: offset lithograph on light cardboard
- Paper: light cardboard
- Making: 1995
- Sheet size: 21.7 x 29.5 in
- Size of the motif: 19.7 x 22.5 in
- State: freshly printed state
- Signature: handsigned and dated under the motif on the right “Sigmar Polke 95”
- Numbering: numbered under the motif on the left
- Edition: 75 prints numbered with Arabic numerals 1 to 75/75, 10 prints numbered with Roman numerals I to X/X
- Offered number of the edition: 29/75
- Origin: private collection
- Availability: only 1 print of the edition
- Format: landscape format
- Presentation: figurative
- Era: contemporary art
- Framing: print is offered unframed, framing on request
- Published by: Edition Staeck
- Shipping: flat in special packaging for art