General Terms and Conditions of the Online Shop www.artedio.de
- Prices and bids
- Safety of purchase
- Data Protection Declaration
§ 1 Scope of application, contractual partner, language, availability of GTCs, saving the text of the contract
- Contract execution and delivery shall be made exclusively on the basis of these General Terms and Conditions (GTCs). Conflicting conditions, or conditions of the customer which diverge from the present GTCs shall not be recognised unless the company has explicitly consented to these in individual cases.
Your contractual partner is the company
Owner: David Vetter
Schlesische Straße 29/30
10997 Berlin, Germany
Telephone: +49 30 47 38 78 45
- Contracts may be concluded in the languages German and English. You can retrieve both the English language version of our online shop, and our GTCs, by selecting the corresponding language setting in our website's navigation bar.
- You may consult our GTCs on our internet site www.artedio.de at any time. Furthermore, you can print this document or save it using the customary storage functions offered by your browser. In addition, after placing your order, we will send you these GTCs by e-mail to the e-mail address provided by you.
- The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent via the onlineshopping cart system, the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browsers print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via email.
§ 2 Ordering process and contract conclusion, payment, shipping
By clicking on the button "Buy” you are submitting a binding order declaration relating to the item placed in the shopping basket or the item selected via the "Buy now" button. Directly after receipt of your order you will receive a confirmation mail containing our terms and conditions, revocation instructions, and data protection declaration. This mail does not result in a binding contract.
After sending the order confirmation e-mail, we will check whether the items ordered by you are available for delivery at the earliest opportunity. Despite careful checking of availability, it is possible that an item is out of stock faster than stated. For this reason, no delivery guarantee can be issued for limited art editions and unique items. As a result, we will send you a further e-mail as soon as possible, and at the latest within four working days, informing you of the availability of the item ordered. As soon as we confirmed availability via e-mail, the following shipping confirmation results in a binding contract.
- As far as items regarding which you initially contact us with a price inquiry or price proposal are concerned, we will, in the first instance, send you an e-mail notification confirming receipt of your price inquiry or price proposal. This e-mail will contain details of our GTCs and our withdrawal policy for your information, which you were also able to view at your leisure prior to this via links on the online form used to send the price inquiry or price proposal. Once you sent us your price request, we will provide the current price of the requested artwork. If you send us a price proposal, we will check whether we will accpept or reject it or send you a counter offer. As soon as an agreement has been reached, our following delivery confirmation results in a binding contract.
You will receive further information regarding payment processing by e-mail after we have checked the availability and confirmed the same.
When paying in advance through remittance, you receive our bank details via mail subsequent to your order. When paying via PayPal, you are redirected to the PayPal websites, where you can make a payment, directly after ordering. For credit card payment, please enter your credit card data during the order process. Your data will be sent using SSL encryption and are not saved by us.
Order processing takes place independently from the chosen method of payment after completion of receipt of payment and dependent on the physical availabilities.
- In the event that the items are not available, we will inform you of the same, with the result that you are no longer bound to your order. If, at this point, you have already made payments, we will refund any monies we have already received from you immediately.
§ 3 Right of withdrawal and voluntary right of return, consumer status
- If you are a consumer, you are entitled to a legal right of withdrawal. Furthermore, we will, in this case, grant you a voluntary right of return for a period of 30 days from delivery receipt. You are advised to refer to our withdrawal policy for precise details of the terms and consequences of a withdrawal and our voluntary right of return, which you can view both on our website and via a link at the end of the ordering process. In addition to this, you will be sent the aforementioned withdrawal policy as part of our order confirmation e-mail, and a paper copy of the same will also be enclosed with delivery.
- In accordance with Section 13 BGB (German Civil Code), a consumer is defined as any physical person who concludes a legal transaction for a purpose which cannot be chiefly attributed to his or her commercial or independent professional activities.
§ 4 Representations of colour in the item descriptions
Please note that the digital images of the items featured in our online shop only provide approximate representations of the actual colours, as all internet browsers and diverse browser settings reproduce the colours differently. Unavoidable colour inaccuracies of this nature do not constitute defects. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the item's colouring, you may, provided that you are a consumer, make use of your right of withdrawal.
§ 5 Duties and taxes for customers domiciled abroad
Duties and taxes may be incurred on deliveries to customers residing outside Germany. These shall be borne by the customer. The customer shall be obliged to contact the responsible fiscal and customs authorities in advance for information regarding possible duties and taxes.
§ 6 Obligations upon receipt of goods, value replacement for withdrawal-related damages
Please bear in mind that our items constitute extremely sensitive works of art and paper editions, which decrease in value significantly with only very slight signs of use such as creasing, tears, fingerprints or other marks. If you, provided that you are a consumer, wish to avail yourself of your right of withdrawal, you are obliged to treat the items with great care in order to avoid having to pay compensation for losses in value which may have occurred in the case of withdrawal, with the result that you may only be able to reclaim part of the purchase price you originally paid.
§ 7 Liability for defects
We shall be liable for physical or legal defects pertaining to the goods delivered by us in accordance with the statutory regulations.
§ 8 Concluding clauses
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply, this by the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Amendments to these terms and conditions must be made in writing. This shall also apply to any amendments to this requirement for written form.
- The inefficacy of individual clauses within the present contract shall not affect the validity of the whole.
- As far as our customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law, or a separate estate under public law, or if the customer has no general place of jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Germany, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all claims arising from the contract shall be Berlin.