Robert Indiana is considered one of the most important representatives of Pop-Art. He has been interested in art since he was a young boy, but spent many years in U.S. Military Service in parallel with his artistic and academic training to profit from free education. After his relocation to New York in 1954, he started his actual artistic career.
- Born: 13 September 1928
- Place of birth: New Castle, Indiana, USA
- Died: 19 May 2018
- Nationality: American
- Studied at: John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Art Institute Chicafo and Edinburgh College of Art
- Similar artists: Andy Warhol, Jim Dine, Robert Rauschenberg, Allen Jones, Roy Lichtenstein
- Era: Modern art
- Stylistic direction: Pop art, abstract art
We currently don't have any Robert Indiana artworks and editions for sale
- Cologne - Museum Ludwig
- Amsterdam - Stedelijk Museum
- Los Angeles - Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- New York - Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- New York - Metropolitan Museum of Art
- New York - Whitney Museum of American Art
- Washington - Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- 03.07.2019 - 06.10.2019 Frieze Sculpture London 2019 - Frieze, London.
- 18.05.2019 - 13.07.2019 Accrochage - Galerie Boisserée, Cologne.
- 14.07.2017 - 05.11.2017 - The Great Graphic Boom. Amerikanische Kunst 1960 – 1990- Staatsgalerie Stuttgart.
- 07.04.2016 - 07.06.2016 Robert Indiana. To Russia with Love - State Russian Museum, Saint Petersburg.
- A Visit to the Star of Hope: Conversations with Robert Indiana and Installing Indiana, by Dale Shierholt. USA 2009.
- Robert Indiana: American Dreamer, by Eric Breitbart. 57min, USA, 2007.
- Robert Indiana. A sculpture retrospective, exhibition catalog, Joe Lin-Hill (Publ.), Bielefeld, Berlin 2019.
- Robert Indiana - new perspectives, exhibition catalog, Allison Unruh (Publ.), Ostfildern 2011.
- Robert Indiana - the American painter of signs, exhibition catalog, Jörg Daur (Publ.), Wiesbaden 2008.