George Pusenkoff is a Russian-German artist of the 20th century. He became internationally known for the connection between art and technology.
- Born: 1953
- Place of birth: Krasnopolje, Belarus
- Nationality: Russian/ German
- Studied at: Computer science at the University of Electronic Technology in Moscow, Academy of Printing Moscow
- Era: Contemporary Art
- Stylistic direction: Abstract Art, technical art
George Pusenkoff Art For Sale
Childhood and studies
George Pusenkoff was born in 1953 in Krasnopolje (former USSR). His family moved in 1968 to Moscow. Pusenkoff was impressed by the technical development and studied computer science at the University of Electronic Technology in Moscow. He completed his studies in 1976. His first study was followed by a second at the Academy of Printing in the Faculty of Graphics in Moscow, which he finished in 1983. In 1990 he moved to Cologne in Germany. There he lives and works until today. Despite his move, he returns often to Moscow.
Pusenkoff held from the early 1980s on, several solo exhibitions. Like this, he began to establish himself as an international artist. In 1998 the Mannheimer Kunstverein made the exhibition NEO-GAU. In 2005 he was part of the 51st Biennale in Venice. Also group-exhibitions followed, so he performed with his son Ilya as the artist group “Pusenkoff & Pusenkoff”.
- Koblenz – Museum Ludwig
- Cologne – Museum Ludwig
- Stuttgart – Museum Ritter
- Witten – Märkisches Museum
- Moscow – State Tretyakov Gallery
- Moscow – Museum für Moderne Kunst
- St. Petersburg – State Russian Museum
- New York – Art Collection Rockefeller University
- 2013 Pusenkoff & Pusenkoff – Museum Ludwig, Koblenz
- 2008 Who is Afraid – Museum of Modern Art, Moscow
- 2007 I Believe – 2. Biennale of Contemporary Art, Moscow
- 2007 Mona Lisa und das Schwarze Quadrat – Museum Ritter, Waldenbuch
- 2006 Der gestohlene Blick – Art Loss, Cologne
- 2005 Between Digital and Analog, Sacral and Profane – 1. Biennale of Contemporary Art, Moscow
- 2005 Biennale di Venezia, Venice
- 2004 Mona Lisa 500 – Staatliche Tretjakow Galerie, Moscow
- 2004 Moskau-Berlin – Staatliches Historisches Museum, Moscow
- 2003 Erased or not Erased – Jüdisches Museum Westfahlen, Dorsten
- 2002 Mona Lisa goes Russia – Heidelberger Kunstverein, Heidelberg
- 2002 Erased Malevich – Kunstgeschichtliches Museum, Osnabrück
- 2002 Warhol Connections – Guelemann Gallery, Moskau; L-Gallery, Moscow
- 2001 Erased Dreams – Galerie Brigitte Schenk, Cologne
- 1998 Breakfast on the Grass – Galerie Ernst Hilger, Vienna
- 1998 Simply Virtual – Museum Ludwig im Staatlichen Russischen Museum, St. Petersburg
- 1997 Simply Virtual – Mannheimer Kunstverein, Mannheim
- 1997 Homage to the Pixel – Kulturallianzen Allianz-Versicherungen AG, Cologne
- 1996 George Pusenkoff – Galerie Brigitte March, Stuttgart
- 1995 Staatliches Russisches Museum, St. Petersburg
- 1994 TransArt Exhibitions, Cologne
- 1994 Grün Beruhigt – Galerie Löhrl, Mönchengladbach
- 1993 The Wall – Staatliche Tretjakow Galerie, Moscow
- 1992 Fernando Quintano Gallery, Bogotá
- 1991 George Pusenkoff - Galerie Hans Mayer, Dusseldorf
- 1989 Breakfast on the Grass – Todd Gallery, London
- 1989 Hill Gallery, London
- George Pusenkoff. Who is Afraid, exhibition catalogue, Museum for Modern Art Moscow, Bielefeld 2008. (Eng/Rus)
- Mona Lisa Travels, exhibition catalogue, State Tretyakov Gallery Moscow, Bielefeld 2007.
- George Pusenkoff. Erased or not Erased, exhibition catalogue, Jüdisches Museum Westfalen, Bönen 2003.
- George Pusenkoff. Painted and Erased, exhibition catalogue, Märkisches Museum Witten, Bönen 2002.
- George Pusenkoff. Mona Lisa Goes Russia, exhibition catalogue, Heidelberger Kunstverein, Heidelberg 2002.
- George Pusenkoff. Simply Virtual, exhibition catalogue, Mannheimer Kunstverein, Heidelberg 1998.