Clara Brörmann is a contemporary artist from Germany. Brörmann is known for her geometric works, in which layers of images and colors overlap in complex processes. Today she lives and works in Berlin.
- Born on: 1982
- Birthplace: Duisburg, Germany
- Nationality: German
- Studied at: Humboldt University of Berlin, Wimbledon College of Arts London, Berlin University of the Arts
- Era: contemporary art
- Stylistic direction: abstract art
|Clara Brörmann||Tangram-Reihe 1||580 Euro||Original print||17.71 x 21.65 in||limited edition of 10||yes||yes||17.07.2019|
|Clara Brörmann||Tangram-Reihe 2||580 Euro||Original print||17.71 x 21.65 in||limited edition of 10||yes||yes||17.07.2019|
|Clara Brörmann||Tangram-Reihe 3||580 Euro||Original print||17.71 x 21.65 in||limited edition of 10||yes||yes||17.07.2019|
|Clara Brörmann||Tangram-Reihe 4||580 Euro||Original print||17.71 x 21.65 in||limited edition of 10||yes||yes||17.07.2019|
|Clara Brörmann||Tangram-Reihe 5||580 Euro||Original print||17.71 x 21.65 in||limited edition of 10||yes||yes||17.07.2019
Clara Brörmann was born in 1982 in Dinslaken near Duisburg. In 2004 Brörmann moved to Berlin, where she studied English and Fine Arts at the Humboldt University and at the University of the Arts, where she was a master student of Prof. Robert Lucander. In 2007 she studied at the Wimbledon School of Art in London. In addition, she earned the Dorothea Konwiarz Fellowship and was a participant in the Goldrausch female artist project in Berlin in 2013.
Brörmann's abstract works are created through a combination of simple geometric shapes. Thereby, the process of destruction and renewal is the basis for the construction of her paintings. In this way, forms or entire structures are created, which can be changed again or even completely erased with the next action. At the same time, paint is applied, then wiped off or covered over, so that constructivism itself is dissolved by the working process.
Brörmann has had numerous solo exhibitions in Germany and also exhibits in Europe. Today the painter lives in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- 21.05.2019 - 06.07.2019 Patina und Empathi - knust x kunz, Munich.
- 04.05.2018 – 02.06.2018 Clara Brörmann. 6 Farben - Schwarz Contemporary, Berlin.
- 19.11.2017 (Vernissage) Clara Brörmann. Bilderwirkerei - Sonntag, Berlin.
- 31.02.2017 - 11.03.2017 Clara Brörmann. Horizonte - Federica Schiavo Galerie, Milan.
- 09.09.2016 – 22.10.2016 Clara Brörmann. pursuit of happiness - Schwarz Contemporary, Berlin.
- April 2016 Clara Brörmann. new paintings in old light - SUPERDEALS Brussels.
- 10.09.2015 - 11.10.2015 Headpaintings//Kopfbilder - Nicelle Beauchene Gallery, New York.
- 29.01.2015 - 07.03.2015 Clara Brörmann. Obenauf - Federica Schiavo Gallery, Rome.
- 07.11.2014 - 05.12.2014 Clara Brörmann. Kopfbilder - Kunstverein Heppenheim.
- 14.03.2014 – 12.04.2014 Clara Brörmann. von und an - Schwarz Contemporary, Berlin
- 2019: Sustainable Arts Award, San Francisco.
- Clara Brörmann, Ellen Blumenstein & Christine Nippe, Berlin 2016.
- Clara Brörmann, Arbeiten am Bild, Birgit Effinger & Hannah Kruse (Publ.), Berlin 2013.