Christoph Pöggeler is a well-known contemporary artist. The artist who was born in Münster studied at Staatliche Kunstakademie Düsseldorf under Alfonso Hüppi. Later, he finished his foundation course in ethnology, art history and oriental art history at the University of Bonn. At the Bergische Universität Wuppertal he lectured basics in architecture in 2001/2002
- Born: 1958
- Place of birth: Münster, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Nationality: German
- Studied at: Staatliche Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, University of Bonn
- Teacher: Alfonso Hüppi
- Era: Contemporary art
- Stylistic direction: Figurative art
|Christoph Pöggeler||Eisberg (gross)||1480 Euro||Original print||63 x 32.7 in||limited edition of 20||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Sonnenaufgang (gross)||1480 Euro||Original print||70.9 x 32.7 in||limited edition of 20||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Heim (Schaden)||790 Euro||Original print||22.4 x 33.5 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Smartphone Girl||790 Euro||Original print||39.4 x 18.9 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Sonnenaufgang||790 Euro||Original print||39.4 x 20.5 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Eisberg||790 Euro||Original print||39.4 x 20.9 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Mädchen am Meer||1980 Euro||Original print||63 x 31.4 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Boy on the Beach||790 Euro||Original print||27.6 x 39.4 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Seelenverkäufer||790 Euro||Original print||28.4 x 33.9 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Zypressenhain||790 Euro||Original print||39.4 x 22.4 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
|Christoph Pöggeler||Roter Teppich||2400 Euro||Original print||13 x 39.4 in||limited edition of 40||yes||yes||02.07.2019|
Christoph Pöggeler was born in Münster in 1958. After his school career, he began studying art at the State Academy of Art in Düsseldorf in 1977. There he was taught by the Swiss artist Alfonso Hüppi, among others. In 1980 he also studied ethnology, art history and oriental art history for a year at the University of Bonn. Five years later he completed his studies in painting in Düsseldorf. From then on he worked as a freelance artist.
Already three years after his graduation his works were shown in 1988 in the gallery Inge Baecker in the context of a solo exhibition. This was followed by further exhibitions in collaboration with this gallery. In 1993 he was finally awarded the Förderpreis für Bildende Kunst of the state capital Düsseldorf and his artworks and editions were presented to a large audience in the accompanying exhibition one year later. In the following years he was able to show his work in other group as well as solo exhibitions. From 2001 to 2002 he had a teaching assignment at the Bergische Universität GH in Wuppertal. There he taught the basics of representation in the department of architecture. In addition, Pöggeler began the project "Column Saints" in which he installed sculptures on Litfass columns in Düsseldorf and later in Cologne. The lifelike figures became probably his best-known works due to their public and concise exhibition location. Since 2007 he also works as a curator and publishes art editions. His work as an artist was honored in 2008 with the Rhineland Art Prize.
Today Christoph Pöggeler lives and works in Düsseldorf. His works are represented at numerous national and international exhibitions of contemporary artists.
- 16.09.2018 – 20.10.2018 Christoph Pöggeler – Galerie Kellermann, Dusseldorf.
- 12.03.2017- 26.03.2017 SIE – Evas Erbinnen - Schloss und Park Benrath, Dusseldorf.
- 03.06.2016 - 02.07.2016 Paradies - Maerz Contemporary, Berlin.
- 17.01.2015 - 01.03.2015 Christoph Pöggeler. auf Milchstraßen und Holzwegen - Kloster Kamp, Kamp-Lintfort.
- 03.09.2010 - 29.10.2010 Wolfgang Hambrecht: PALENQUE-RUINAS - Maxhaus Dusseldorf.
- 22.04.2010 - 15.08.2010 Christoph Pöggeler … schläft ein Bild in allen Dingen - Rheinisches Landesmuseum, Bonn.
- 24.09.2004 - 05.11.2004 Irwin //Christoph Pöggeler - Galerie Inge Baecker, Bad Münstereifel.
- 2008: Rhenish art prize, Bonn.
- 1993: Award for Fine Arts of the City Dusseldorf.
- Christoph Pöggeler. schläft ein Bild in allen Dingen, exhibition catalog, Gabriele Uelsberg, Bonn 2010.
- Christoph Pöggeler. vor lauter Bäumen, exhibition catalog, Hans-Werner Schmidt, Cologne 2007.
- Christoph Pöggeler, exhibition catalog, Ulrich Krempel, Dusseldorf 1994.
- Säulenheilige, Christoph Pöggeler, Dusseldorf 2014.
- Säulenheilige, Christoph Pöggeler, Dusseldorf 2005.