Antonio Saura is a Spanish artist from the era of modern art. As an adolescent he taught himself how to draw and paint.
- Born: 22. September 1930
- Died: 1998
- Place of birth: Huesca, Spain
- Nationality: Spanish art
- Similar artists: Antonio Tapies, Eduardo Chillida
- Era: modern art
- Stylistic direction: surrealism
His role models were the old masters such as Velazquez and Goya. But also contemporary artists such as Hans Jean Arp, Yves Tanguy and artists from the surrealist group have influenced his art.
Amsterdam - Stedelijk Museum
Paris - Centre Pompidou
Barcelona - MACBA Barcelona
New York - Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- 15.05.19 – 25.09.19 Picasso and the Exodus- Les Abattoirs - Frac Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse.
- 07.07.18 – 25.08.19 ACCROCHAGE /// DAMIEN HIRST – "Works from Schizophrenogenesis" - Galerie Boisserée, Köln.
- 1960: Guggenheim Prize New York.
- 1979: Prize of the First European Graphic Biennale, Heidelberg.
- 1982: Gold Medal for Fine Arts of the Spanish State.
- 1995: Grand Art Prize of the City of Paris.
Antonio Saura – Malerei 1956–1985, exhibition catalogue by the Ministerio de Cultura/Städtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus, Rainer Michael Mason, Madrid/Munich, 1990.