Jorinde Voigt is a contemporary German artist best known for her complex and often large-scale drawings. Her works combine elements from music, literature, philosophy and science to create visual compositions.
- Born: 19 January 1977
- Place of birth: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Nationality: German
- Studied at: University of Göttingen; Free University of Berlin; Berlin University of the Arts
- Teachers: Christiane Möbus, Katharina Sieverding
- Era: Contemporary art
We currently don't have any Jorinde Voigt artworks and editions for sale
Jorinde Voigt was born in Frankfurt am Main in 1977. She first studied at the University of Göttingen and then moved to the Free University of Berlin. She then studied art in multimedia with Christiane Möbus at the University of the Arts in Berlin. After attending the Royal College of Art in 2001, she continued her studies in the Fine Arts and Photography class with German artist Katharina Sieverding.
Voigt quickly gained international recognition for her work. She became known for her profound drawings that embodied music, philosophy and science, and her signature style, which captured complex data and emotional states in visual diagrams and notations. Over the years, she has refined and experimented with her technique, often describing her work as visual poetry.
From 2014 to 2019 Voigt was professor of conceptual drawing and painting at the Academy of Fine Arts Munich. Since 2019, she has been professor of conceptual drawing and painting at the HFBK Hochschule für Bildende Künste Hamburg. Her art is presented in numerous renowned galleries and museums worldwide. Today, the artist lives and works in Berlin with her partner, the artist Christian Jankowski.
- 23.09.2023 – 30.08.2026 Just As We Are – Weserburg Museum für Moderne Kunst, Bremen.
- 04.05.2023 – 04.05.2024 Floating Islands – ISTANBUL MODERN, Istanbul.
- 29.04.2023 – 29.07.2023 Jorinde Voigt. Trade Area - Klosterfelde Edition, Berlin.
- 08.07.2022 – 08.01.2023 Ortswechsel - Museum Giersch, Frankfurt.
- 2012: Daniel & Florence Guerlain Contemporary Drawing Prize.
- 2008: Otto-Dix-Prize, Gera, Germany.
- Jorinde Voigt, Piece for words and views, David Nolan, Ostfildern 2012.
- Jorinde Voigt. Nexus, Julia Klüser, Ostfildern 2011.
- Jorinde Voigt. On reality, Jorinde Voigt, Berlin 2022.
- Jorinde Voigt. Shift : Arbeiten 2015-2017, Jorinde Voigt, Cologne 2018.
- Botanic Code. Jorinde Voigt, Jorinde Voigt, Cologne 2011.
- Bonn - Sammlung zeitgenössischer Kunst der Bundesrepublik Deutschland
- Berlin - Kulturforum Berlin/Gemäldegalerie/Kunstbibliothek/Kupferstichkabinett
- Frankfurt - Kunstsammlung Deutsche Bundesbank
- Leipzig - Museum der Bildenden Künste Leipzig
- Munich - Pinakothek der Moderne
- Paris - Centre Pompidou Paris
- Zurich - Kunsthaus Zürich
- New York - MOMA - The Museum of Modern Art
- Website by the artist