Florian Meisenberg is a German contemporary artist. Born in Berlin, he devotes himself to painting as well as drawing, and to performance, video and installation art. His works often allude to cultural, religious and art historical references.
- Born: 1980
- Place of birth: Berlin
- Nationality: German
- Studied at: Diploma in media design; Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, Germany
- Teachers: Peter Doig
- Era: Contemporary art
Florian Meisenberg was born in Berlin in 1980. He graduated from the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, where he studied under Peter Doig and Lucy McKenzie from 2004 to 2010.
Meisenberg is a draftsman, performer, video and installation artist. He is best known for his vibrant and often abstract paintings, which combine both traditional and contemporary techniques and media. More recently, he has also explored digital art and virtual environments, which is an interesting fusion of traditional artistic practices and modern technology. His work often plays with the duality between the physical world of painting and the immaterial world of digital media, questioning and pushing the boundaries between these two spheres.
Florian Meisenberg has gained both national and international recognition. His works have been presented in numerous solo and group exhibitions. Today, Meisenberg lives and works in New York.
- 07.02.2020 – 09.08.2020 JETZT! Junge Malerei in Deutschland - Deichtorhallen Hamburg & Sammlung Falckenberg.
- 28.06.2019 – 15.09.2019 Anna K.E. & Florian Meisenberg. Complimentary Blue - Kunstpalais Erlangen.
- 13.04.2019 – 10.06.2019 Tender Buttons - Künstlerhaus Bremen.
- 2010 Award of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia for Young Artists
- Complimentary Blue, Anna K.E. & Florian Meisenberg, Berlin 2021.
- Florian Meisenberg – http://www.liveleak.com/view?I=366_1344438832, Uta Grosenick, Florian Meisenberg, Berlin 2014.
- Berlin - Sammlung Boros
- Düsseldorf - Museum Kunstpalast
- Düsseldorf - JULIA STOSCHEK FOUNDATION DÜSSELDORF
- Düsseldorf – Sammlung Philara
- London - Zabludowicz Collection
- Brussels - Vanhaerents Art Collection
- Florian Meisenberg, Confessions of a Mask, by: Sopio Kolkhidashvili, in: www.blokmagazine.com, date: 28.10.2022.