New Zealand born Dane Mitchell is a contemporary artist, who studied at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh and at Auckland University of Technology. Apart from many international solo and group exhibitions, the artist will represent his homeland at the 58th Venice Biennale in 2019. Today Dane Mitchell lives and works in Auckland.
- Born on: 1976
- Birthplace: Auckland, New Zealand
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Studied at: Carnegie Mellon University, Auckland University of Technology
- Era: contemporary art
- Stylistic direction: concept art, minimalism
- 02.11.18 - 28.02.19 The First Thailand Biennale - Thailand Biennale.
- 01.09-18 -24.02.19 Dane Mitchell. Iris, Iris, Iris - Auckland Art Gallery °.
- 23.06.18 - 11.11.18 PLAY. A city circuit for contemporary art - Be-Part. Platform for contemporary art, Waregem.
- Post Hoc, Dane Mitchell (Publ.), Venice 2019.
- The significance of Auckland artist Dane Mitchell's Venice Biennale appearance, in: www.noted.co.nz, by: Doug Dillaman, date: 01.07.19.
- Alive again - artist's lists of extinct species wake up Venice, in: www.nzherald.co.nz, by: Corazon Miller, date: 10.05.19.