Candida Höfer is one of the most renowned German photographers and is, besides Andreas Gursky, Thomas Ruff, and Tobias Struth, part of the photographic avant-garde of the contemporary. Höfer was professor for photography at the Staatliche Hochschule für Gestaltung Karlsruhe until 2000 and is a member of the Freie Akademie der Künste Hamburg.
- Born: 4 February 1944
- Place of birth: Eberswalde, Brandenburg
- Nationality: German
- Studied at: Kölner Werksschulen, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
- Teachers: Arno Jansen, Ole John, Bernd and Hilla Becher
- Similar artists: Thomas Ruff, Andreas Gursky, Bernd und Hilla Becher, Thomas Demand
- Era: Contemporary art
- Stylistic direction: Fine-art photography
The artist lives and works in Cologne.